Hatch Quarter is honoured to present its new Startup Prize, offering over $33,000 in services that will support the winning startup’s launch and development.
The prize will give the chosen startup a place in our Hatch program to develop their idea and launch their business. They will also be given services from our partners at Mo Works Creative Agency and Blitzm Systems. Mo Works will provide the startup with branding and digital marketing and Blitzm Systems will offer consultations on software engineering and development, working towards a product prototype.
This new prize is part of our long-term commitment to nurturing emerging startups and developing the startup ecosystem in Victoria and beyond. Always inspired by people on a mission to make a change, we can’t wait to see what amazing new ideas start coming in. The winner will be chosen from a group of shortlisted applicants, who will be invited to participate in the Pitch Night for the Startup Prize 2017. Although this prize is labelled for startups, it is still possible to enter if you are an entrepreneur acting solo. The most important thing is that you have an original idea that offers some kind of innovation and that you’re ready to fully commit to it.
- 4-8 months depending on the project’s scale
Preference will be given to tech startups in the following categories
- Real estate
- Online Marketplace
- Applications close at 11.59 pm on July 1st, 2017 - Submit your application the program online at http://hatchquarter.com.au/apply-to-hq and fill the Program. (Please stipulate on your form that you are entering the competition)
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by July 25, 2017 and invited to attend the Startup Prize Pitch Night
- Our judges will choose a winner from the Startup Prize Pitch Night
Terms and Conditions
- Your startup must be in its early stages of development
- You and your team must be available on a fixed part-time or full-time basis each week to complete the Hatch program (20-30 hours per week)
- The prize is not open to teams with more than 3 members
- You and your team must have enough personal income to sustain your life while you undertake the Hatch program
No guarantee is made by Hatch Quarter or its partners that the prize winner will leave with a complete product or that their startup will in any way succeed. - Check full terms and conditions listed on the Hatch Quarter website and you must read and agree to these when you apply.